-
February 7th, 2009, 11:00 AM
#1
Inactive Member
My system GPA 515-8G, 399-8A and MRII564
-
April 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: My system GPA 515-8G, 399-8A and MRII564
Thanks to your system . I put 2+2 together and came with this idea.
Why not use GPA 3127 12" GPA 399-8A, MR II 564 to resurrect the Altec theater cinema surround using the" JBL" 8340 design.

....................................
-
April 18th, 2009, 02:11 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Re: My system GPA 515-8G, 399-8A and MRII564
Hello,
Should check the amount of speaker boxes.
Should recalculate the resonance frequency.
St?phane
http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/The...eries/8340.pdf
-
April 18th, 2009, 02:39 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: My system GPA 515-8G, 399-8A and MRII564

Originally Posted by
stéphane Rame
I did check the volume of the 8127 cab and the 8340 they are very close even thow the 8340 uses a 10" . What Altec wants is long throw.
This is all intune with the upkeep and reintroduction of Altec front loaded main speakers in large scale cinema's.
Here is a quote from a spectator on 5 JBL 3 way array system in a large cinema.
Quote:
Steven Ghouti said...
I went to see PotC at the Odeon cinema in Leicester Square in London. Sadly I was too far in the back of the venue, and only managed to understand about 40-50% of all the dialog in the film. I'll put that on the account of the sheer size of the venue and Johnny Depp's mumbling with a brit accent....
.................................
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks